The next Ordinary General Meeting of the National Postgraduate Committee will take place on the afternoon of Saturday 25 May 2002 in Fullwood House, Park Campus, University of Gloucestershire, PO Box 220, The Park, Cheltenham, GL50 2QF. A location map of how to find the Park campus is at:
while a detailed map of the Park campus, pointing out the location of Fullwood House, is at:
The meeting will start at 2pm and will aim to finish by 6:30pm. People will be meeting from 12 noon for lunch. If you'd like to have lunch, you'll need to let us know in advance and a fee of £4 will be charged - email the General Secretary at email@example.com if you're interested.
The OGM itself will form part of a programme of events in Gloucestershire that weekend, including policy workshops on the Sunday morning and a social event on Saturday night. You're welcome to join us, whether it's just for the OGM or for the whole weekend. In particular, we welcome reps from institutions not presently affiliated to the NPC; this meeting is a great way for you to see what we're like and what we do!
Items on the agenda include:
- (i) the proposed new QAA institutional audit regime, details of which are at: http://www.qaa.ac.uk/public/inst_audithbook/circularCL0802.htm;
- (ii) the NPC's new postgraduate funding charter;
- (iii) the new joint NPC/NATFHE/NUS charter for postgraduates who teach;
- (iv) an update on NPC Conference 2002;
- (v) elections for the positions of NPC Treasurer (the incumbent having resigned on 14/4/02) and NPC Project Officer (one vacancy is available).
Items proposed for workshops on the Sunday include:
- (i) the writing up period of research study, and writing up students' access to benefits and student status;
- (ii) students on professional training courses (e.g. training in law, accountancy, etc) and how the NPC should be representing their needs;
- (iii) a progress report from Tim Brown on his research into campus facilities for postgraduates.
Accommodation is available on the Saturday night at a cost of £25 per person, but numbers are limited and we need to know names as soon as possible. Email the General Secretary at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you want a room for the Friday night also, rooms are very limited but we'll see what we can do - again, email email@example.com.
We look forward to seeing as many of you as possible in Cheltenham on the weekend of 25/26 May.