What your union can do to campaign for better postgraduate funding:
- Affiliate to the NPC if it has not already done so - the more institutions who affiliate, the more effectively NPC can campaign for postgraduates;
- If your union is affiliated, give your input to the ongoing funding debates within NPC. We need to know what you want us to campaign for;
- Lobby your local MPs/MSPs/AMs to sign Early Day Motions to provide better support for postgraduates, or include postgraduate issues within Early Day Motions on student funding in general;
- Submit motions to NUS on postgraduate funding; too often their education funding debate discusses the same issues every year, rarely mentioning the needs of those outside the 18-21
home undergraduate sector;
- Find out how postgraduates at your institution manage financially, and let NPC know - campaigns are more effective with evidence to back them up.