The National Postgraduate Committee is a charity to advance, in the public interest, postgraduate education in the UK. We are made up of postgraduate student representatives from educational institutions with postgraduate students. The NPC aims to promote the interests of postgraduates studying in the UK, while remaining politically non-aligned. The Committee holds an annual conference, and publishes various guidelines and codes of practice.
Wherever on this site you see this padlock symbol, , it is to indicate that a site resource is available only to connections from an affiliated institution's network, or to individuals connecting from home with a username and password.
- Bonding and branding on agenda for new Wales v-c
- The restructured University of Wales will create such a strong brand and such solid bonds between its constituent universities that none will wish to break free from the confederation. This is the prediction of Marc Clement, the first full-time vice-chancellor of the 114-year-old University of Wales, writes Melanie Newman.
- SA lecturer's 'freedom to criticise' verdict welcomed by UK
- Academic freedom includes the right to criticise university managers, a High Court judge has ruled.
- Historians decry journal rankings
- Leading historians have launched a withering attack on a new ranking of academic journals, which they say is "manifestly flawed, crude and oversimplified", writes John Gill.
- Special report: New schools
- Tories initiate own inquiry into Sats
- The Conservatives have enlisted the former head of Imperial College London to carry out a rival inquiry into the future of exams
- New Leeds school to switch to academy
- South Leeds high school is to be turned into an academy under Leeds city council proposals to improve its pupils' exam results
Enjoy 2 years subscription for the price of 1. Pay just 45 a year and save 80% on the shop price. Plus we'll send you a FREE Hessian Book Bag, perfect for carrying books, folders and papers!
- Features Archive
- by Simon Felton
- 02 August 2001